When you feel a binge come on, it's time to start searching for those answers!
As soon as you recognize a binge urge immediately say STOP! loudly in your mind, then take in a large deep breath of fresh air and let it out slowly.
Ask yourself: Have I been dieting? Depriving myself of food? Or not eating regular meals recently?
If the answer is no then continue on with the search. If the answer is yes then this may be the reason you feel the need to binge. It is useful to learn to address your physical needs before you address your emotional triggers by implementing a structured eating plan into your recovery.
Go through these questions one by one, answering them as honestly and in as much detail as you possibly can:
1. What do I really honestly want from binging?
2. What has happened recently to bring such feelings on?
3. Have I been in this situation before and how did I previously deal with it? Did I deal with it effectively?
4. If I could imagine the perfect solution to this problem what would it be? What would it look like? What would it feel like?
5. What have I done to ease this discomfort so far?
6. What else can I do? (try to list as many answers as possible)
7. If I choose to binge how will I feel when I am binging?
8. If I choose to binge how will I feel afterwards?
9. Can I avoid this trigger, or deal with it better in the future?
10. Do I really need to binge and purge?